This story is wild, and given it’s proximity to all of us, I thought you should know. A woman in Sacramento has suffered permanent facial damage after using a popular brand’s skin lightening cream!
According to KCRA, “The 47-year-old woman came to a hospital with high levels of mercury in her blood. Health officials said she showed up at the emergency room with numbness in her hands and face, trouble walking and slurred speech, which got worse over several weeks.
She was able to respond to verbal commands at first, but she is now in a semi-comatose state.
Sacramento County officials said the woman purchased the skin cream at a pharmacy in the State of Jalisco, Mexico. The Pond’s-labeled cream is used by people as a skin lightener and to remove spots and wrinkles.”