Roseville Electric Increase Starting Today

An 8% surcharge is being added to bills on Feb. 1, 2023

By Marilyn Nelson on February 1, 2023
(Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

The monthly budget of many Roseville households are being strained even more. Roseville Electric customers are seeing an 8% surcharge added to their utility bills beginning February 1, 2023. This is in addition to the 3% increase that started in January. The overall 11% increase was approved by the City Council in December to defray the soaring costs in the energy market.

The 8% charge will stay in effect through Dec. 31, 2024.

Residential customers can expect to pay roughly $15 more per month.

Roseville Electric has programs in place to assist customers who may qualify for financial help. In addition to being exempt from the energy surcharge, eligible customers may be able to receive a 15% discount on their electric service with their Electrical Rate Assistance Program.

Around the site