While getting gas at the Costco by work the other day… and being slightly aggravated by the person in front of us who WOULD NOT pull around one car to get to the open gas pump… I came up with some unwritten rules for filling up for gas at Costco. Because, I had the time. A lot of time.
So, here goes. Michelle’s Unwritten Rules For Filling Up For Gas At Costco:
1. Have your Membership card and your credit card ready. For heaven’s sake you’ve probably been waiting for at least 5 minutes!!
2. Have your fuel door popped and ready to go. Cuz, again, you’ve got time.
3. ALWAYS take the open pump. Even if you have to go around the car in front of you and back up to get in.
4. There’s a reason they don’t offer windshield wiping squeegees. They want you in and out. No cleaning out your car! Just get your gas and get on with it.
5. This, however, would be a good time to put your cards back in your wallet so you’re not putting them away after you get gas and while you should be driving away.
6. You have enough time to replace the nozzle and put your gas cap back on before the receipt prints. Take it as a challenge. See if you can get it done. You can.
7. DO NOT wait for the car in front of you to leave before you do unless they’re LITERALLY putting the car into gear.
8. And finally. DO NOT get in line behind me when filling up at Costco, because I ALWAYS pick the wrong line!