Here’s How You Can Help California Wildfire Victims
By djsheryl on August 6, 2021
With the Dixie and River fires still far from being contained and hundreds of structures burned so far, there are a lot of displaced Californians that need our help!
There are many ways to help out and anything you can do will be greatly appreciated by our neighbors that have been affected by these fires. Here are a few places to start:
- The Red Cross is helping wildfire victims and they could use your donations and/or volunteer help.
- Donate directly to the California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund or to the California Fire Foundation, which provides $250 gift cards to victims to help with buying necessities.
- Donate to the Latino Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund to provide support to Latino-led organizations that help Latino and immigrant families affected by wildfires.
- Buy & donate diapers, wipes, portable cribs, blankets and cleaning supplies to Baby2Baby. You can either donate money or go to the organization’s Amazon registry.
- Airbnb’s Open Homes program lets you provide a free space for those displaced by wildfires.
- Make a one-time or monthly contribution to World Central Kitchen’s relief team to provide meals to emergency workers and those affected by wildfires in northern California.
- Donate to Red Rover, a network of shelters designed for animals during national disasters.