9 Ways to Get More Miles from Each Tank of Gas
By djsheryl on March 15, 2022
With the price of gas in California at an all-time high, you’ve got to get the most miles possible out of every tank. Here are some simple tips from experts that should help!
1. Pay cash. A spokesperson for the app, Gas Buddy, says cash prices for gas are usually five to ten cents ceahper.
2. Buy gas early in the week. Gas Buddy found that gas prices are lower in most states on Sunday, while Thursday has the highest prices.
3. Drive the speed limit. Driving faster than that uses more gas.
4. Find the most efficient route to your destination. Use Google Maps to find the route with the fewest stops, as every time you stop and start accelerating again uses more gas.
5. Take the first parking spot you see. All that driving around to find a better one wastes gas.
6. Get rid of the junk in the trunk. Extra weight will lower your mileage.
7. Keep the windows up. That breeze feels good on a nice day, but lowered windows also make your car less aerodynamic, which will lower your mileage.
8. Use cruise control to maintain a steady speed.