Traffic Alert! Hwy 99 In Sacramento Closing For Several Days
Caltrans will be closing both directions of highway 99 for several days in June.
By Marilyn Nelson on May 28, 2021
The closure will affect both directions of highway 99 from 47th Ave. to the Hwy 50 interchange from June 11-16. Crews will be replacing the aging bridge deck on Highway 99 at 21st Avenue.
The closure begins Friday, June 11 at 8:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m., Wednesday, June 16.
Drivers are advised to use I-5 as an alternate or Free Light Rail Service.
“To avoid extensive traffic shifts and lane reductions that could last up to six months, crews are using innovative accelerated bridge construction techniques to complete the work as quickly as possible,” according to the CHP – South Sacramento Facebook page.
Crews are also closing the mainline westbound Business 80/Capital City Freeway to southbound SR-99, and the westbound and eastbound US-50 connector ramps to southbound SR-99. In addition, the following ramps are scheduled to be closed:
* The on-ramp from 16th Street to eastbound US-50
* The on-ramp from 29th Street/H Street to westbound Business 80/Capital City Freeway
* The on-ramp from 29th Street/N Street to westbound Business 80/Capital City Freeway
* The on-ramp from 29th Street/T Street to southbound SR-99
* The on-ramp from Broadway to southbound SR-99
* The off-ramp from southbound SR-99 to 12th Street
* The off-ramp from northbound SR-99 to 12th Street
* The on-ramp from 14th Avenue/30th Street to southbound SR-99
* The on-ramp (slip) from Fruitridge Road to northbound SR-99
* The on-ramp (loop) from Fruitridge Road to northbound SR-99
* The on-ramp (slip) from East 47th Avenue to northbound SR-99
* The on-ramp (loop) from West 47th Avenue to northbound SR-99
These routes will be unavailable during the closure and motorists will be rerouted.
Plan ahead, expect delays and consider alternative methods of transportation.
Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) is providing free light rail service during the closure beginning June 12 through June 15. To ride light rail for free, riders must show the fare inspector a free rider flyer, which will be available at FixSac99.com or sacrt.com/fixsac99 starting June 1.