Every day it begins over your first cup of coffee and the first kid that stumbles out of their slumber, “Mom, what are we going to do today?” With kids still out of school on Winter break, here are some ideas for you to try that my Sunshines and I do around town and love!
1. Quarry Park Adventures in Rocklin
You can go ziplining without driving through the snow to Tahoe. They have holiday hours for winter break and are open weekdays through January 6th!
2. California Railroad Museum
This spot is PERFECT for cold rainy days when the kids need to get out their energy. It’s huge. They can run around. Walk through real trains, and the best part is the end they can play with the toy train sets for hours while you sit and rest!
3. Ice Skating! I love to find these indoor places where your family can be active. Let’s face it, the goal is to just wear them out so they will want to take a nap later. We love Skatetown in Roseville. Their staff is so kind and they even lace up your skates for you!
4. Zoo! Hold those kids hands tight! It’s always a great time at the Sacramento Zoo. Plus the Meerkats have arrived! Cue the “oh so cute” quotes. When my sunshines were younger we loved the Folsom Zoo too! Very friendly for pre-schoolers!
5. Go on a Hike! As a family we try to stay as active as possible. Plus, I like to take my Sunshines to places where they can’t get phone service and they actually talk to me! We love the Hidden Falls Hike in Lincoln, or the Lake Clementine Trail in Auburn.
I would love to hear about some of your favorite spots to keep the kids entertained over Winter Break. Please comment and share!