Yelp isn’t just telling you where you should go to eat anymore; now they know exactly what you should order.
According to Food & Wine, the restaurant reviewing site has added a new feature called “popular dishes.” This allows users to see what items other Yelpers like ordering the most (obviously).
The company said in a statement that they used “machine learning” to review 155 million reviews on their site. This allowed them to discover the highest-reviewed dishes across the county.
While this will help people decide what they want to get much easier, it all depends on how much you trust the opinions of others. However, in celebration of the new feature’s launch, Yelp released the top ten most popular dishes in the entire country. Although none are in Sacramento, a San Francisco restaurant did make the cut:
- New England Clam Chowder at Pike Place Chowder in Seattle, WA
- Pork Buns at Ippudo East Village in New York, NY
- Maine Lobster Roll at Neptune Oyster in Boston, MA
- Tea Leaf Salad at Burma Superstar in San Francisco, CA
- Wood Oven Roasted Pig Face at Girl & the Goat in Chicago, IL
- Crab Legs at Bacchanal Buffet in Las Vegas, NV
- Chargrilled Oysters at Acme Oyster House in New Orleans, LA
- Uni Pasta at EMC Seafood & Raw Bar in Los Angeles, CA
- Lewellyn’s Fine Fried Chicken at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar in Miami Beach, FL
- Curry Udon at Marukame Udon in Honolulu, HI
While we haven’t tried any of these yet, these are definitely on our bucket list now!
Head right here to learn more. Also, let us know what you think about this in the comments below.