The Five Best Cheap International Cities to Retire In
Would you retire OVERSEAS to save money?
By Hope Bidegainberry on July 18, 2019
The magazine “International Living” looked at a bunch of tourist destinations where you can live comfortably on less than $30,000 a year. Here are five exotic places where you can live on the cheap . . .
- Akumal, Mexico Two people can live there for just under $27,000 a year. It’s an up-and-coming tourist spot, about 60 miles down the coast from Cancún.
- Lagos, Portugal . . . $25,000 a year. It’s another beach city. And it’s in Europe, so it’s easy to travel to other countries.
- Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica . . . just over $24,000 a year. It’s right on the beach and has a bunch of great restaurants.
- Medellín, Colombia . . . $24,000 a year. It’s Colombia’s second-biggest city. So there’s lots to do, and it has over 30 universities.
- Volcán, Panama . . . $18,000 a year. The downside is it’s a mountain town in the middle of nowhere. So you definitely need to know Spanish. And it’s right next to an active volcano.