Disney World plans to reopen beginning July 11.
The theme park shared a detailed plan for how they will reopen the park safely amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Of course in these pandemic times, Disney is going to have to make some changes. So here is what to expect at Disney this summer.
- Attendance will be capped: Disney will be managing attendance demand through a new theme park reservation system.
- They will also plan on “reducing capacity on attractions, in restaurants and in retail stores, as well as on methods of transportation.”
- Guests will have temperature checks upon arrival and are encouraged to do health checks at home beforehand.
- Visitors and cast members will wear face coverings.
- The use of the parks’ existing digital “magic” wristbands will facilitate mobile food rather than face to face interactions wherever possible and payments will be cashless.
- They will also be “increasing our use of plexiglass barriers,” where close contact is necessary.
- No parades
- No fireworks
- No character meet-and-greets.
- Play areas for younger kids will also be closed for the time being.