The Best Wine To Pair With Your Kids’ Halloween Candy
I mean, if you’re gonna have some wine any way!
By Doug Lazy on October 31, 2017
You know you’re gonna have one, if not 3 or 4 pieces of your kids candy, so why not plan ahead and pair it with some vino?
Here are six candies, and the best wine to pair with each one:
1. Butterfinger. Try it with a buttery chardonnay. The flavors go best with a white wine. Ideally one that’s medium-bodied.
2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Try a Lambrusco. It’s a sweet wine that goes well with peanut butter for the same reason jelly does.
3. Kit Kats, or anything that’s mostly about the chocolate. Go with a Pinot Noir or a Syrah. Definitely something red.
4. Candy corn. Pop a bottle of champagne or Prosecco. Apparently the waxiness of the candy corn goes well with bubbles.
5. Snickers. Go with a deep, rich Syrah. It goes well with chocolate and nuts.
6. Starburst, Nerds, or anything else that’s straight sugar. Pair it with a dry Riesling, or a dry rosé. You’re already getting enough sugar, so you don’t want anything too sweet.
Just make sure you leave SOME candy for the kids the next morning. Because, you know, after a glass or two of wine… all your will power is gone! I mean, by 10:00 p.m. you’ll probably be eating Snickers with Prosecco and downing Nerds with Syrah!