Hey Sacramento, Friday Is 916 Day!
Celebrate all things Sacramento on 9/16 for “916 Day”
By Marilyn Nelson on September 14, 2022
The Sacramento City Council has officially declared this Friday, September 16, as “916 Day.”
916 Day was launched in 2018 as a way to promote pride and healing in our city. This year to celebrate, you’re invited to volunteer at local park clean-up events and help plant trees.
Several events will be help across the city:
- Clean up in Natomas on Sept. 17 at 10 a.m. at North Natomas Regional Park
- Tree planting on Sept. 17 at 9 a.m. at Triangle Park in North Sacramento
- 916 Week Closing Event on Oct. 8 at 9 a.m. at McKinley Park
- Tree planting and painting on Sept. 17 at 9 a.m. at John Muir Park downtown
- Tree planting on Sept. 16 at 8 a.m. at Argonaut Park near Freeport Boulevard in South Sacramento
- Tree Planting on Sept. 17 at 9 a.m. at George Sim Community Center near Elder Creek and Power Inn roads
- 916 Day Celebration and Tree Planting on Sept. 16 at 4 p.m. at Garcia Bend Park in the Pocket, with speakers to follow at 6 p.m.
Register to volunteer at any of the events HERE.
Watch for the Sacramento Kings to announce events and activities for the upcoming 2022-23 NBA Season on 916 Day. Kings dancers, and the 916 Crew are expected to be at the Golden 1 Center from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Friday.