Here’s Why George Clooney Is The World’s Highest Paid Actor
And he didn’t even make a single movie this year
By Marilyn Nelson on August 23, 2018
George Clooney was the highest paid actor in the world over the last year, which is a pretty notable accomplishment considering he earned $239 million without even having to act! George hasn’t been in any movies this year, but he made $233 million from the recent $1 BILLION purchase of his ‘Casamigos’ tequila brand and made the rest from his endorsements and older movies.
According to Forbes, here’s this year’s Top 10:
- George Clooney, $239 million
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, $124 million
- Robert Downey Jr., $81 million
- Chris Hemsworth, $64.5 million
- Jackie Chan, $45.5 million . . . Mostly from the Chinese box office, and his endorsements there.
- Will Smith, $42 million
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar, $40.5 million
- Adam Sandler, $39.5 million . . . Mostly through his deal with Netflix.
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan, $38.5 million
- Chris Evans, $34 million