Dolly Parton Shares Famous Cinnamon Bread Recipe
It’s perfect for holiday parties!
By Doug Lazy on October 24, 2017
Dolly Parton has shared the recipe for her famous cinnamon bread – the same that’s served at her amusement park in Tennessee, Dollywood.
The recipe comes just in time for the holidays. It’ll be a perfect one to share with loved ones around the dinner table or to bring to a holiday party.
Check out the recipe, courtesy of People, below:
Dolly Parton’s Cinnamon Bread
Serves 8; makes 2 loaves
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1-lb loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp water or fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed
1. Coat two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2–inch loaf pans with vegetable oil cooking spray. In a shallow dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
2. Cut the dough lengthwise into two pieces. Make four shallow, crosswise slits in each piece. Brush the loaves all over with butter. Roll each loaf in the cinnamon mixture, packing it into the creases. Place loaves in the prepared pans and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
3. As the bread rises, preheat oven to 300 degrees.
4. Bake the bread, turning the pans around once, for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and a tap on the bottom of the pan yields a hollow sound.
5. Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small bowl, vigorously stir together the powdered sugar and water (or lemon juice), adding more liquid as needed, until the mixture is smooth. Turn the breads out onto a rack while they’re still warm; drizzle with the glaze.