Disney Shares MORE Recipes Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
By Marilyn Nelson on April 14, 2020
Since the coronavirus hit and the Disney parks closed down, Mickey and his friends have been doing their best to help bring the magic to our homes. Because Disney fans were beyond excited when they shared their Dole Whip and Churro Bites recipes they did it again. In honor of National Grilled Cheese Day, which took place over the weekend, they shared another guest favorite. The ooey gooey grilled three-cheese sandwich comes from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
You start by making two different spreads for the sandwich. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 8 provolone slices
Now onto creating and assembling the sandwich:
For Cream Cheese Spread:
- Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Check out Disney Parks Blog’s full recipe HERE