Christmas when I was a kid was all about magic and mystery, tradition and family…but little did I know that it was also about epic levels of parental trickery!
The Mirror says:
Three quarters of parents tell white ‘lies’ over the festive period to keep the magic of Christmas alive, according to research.
Researchers who polled 1,875 mums and dads of kids aged up to 11 found they’ll go to great lengths to capture the imagination of their little ones over the festive period.
Here are the Top 10 ‘little white lies’ we tell our kids:
1. Santa’s sleigh is driven by flying radar.
2. Santa keeps lists of nice and naughty children to decide who gets presents.
3. Santa lives in the North Pole.
4. Kids have to be asleep by midnight on Christmas Eve or Santa won’t come.
5. Elves make presents in Santa’s workshop.
6. The elves wrap all the presents.
7. Naughty children get a lump of coal in their stocking.
8. Santa puts on “silent shoes” to come in the front door if he can’t get down the chimney.
9. If you open your eyes when you hear Santa in the house, he disappears.
10. Santa travels around the world before Christmas to meet kids to find out what presents they want.
For the rest of the list, head to Mirror.co.uk.