Weight-loss can be a tricky situation for a lot of people. It was for me for many years, and still is to a degree. I am always looking for new ways to step-up my fitness game, but I don’t have a lot of free time. So, sometime I have to trick myself.
DailyMail put out a pretty excellent list of 10 ways to trick yourself into losing weight, here are the 5 I really dig:
1. Instagram your meals. There is science behind this, taking a pic of your meal and posting it online can subconsciously make you want to eat healthier, and eat less.
2. Listen to yourself chewing. This one’s weird, but at least two different studies have found that paying attention to that weird sound your mouth makes while you chew can cause you to eat less. It’s literally called the “crunch effect.”
3. Identify emotional eating. The next time you’re about to dive head-first into a pint of rocky road, pause for a second and think about why you’re eating it. It might not be because you’re hungry.
4. Don’t cut out protein. Meat, and other protein sources slow down digestion which makes you feel fuller longer. Meaning…you aren’t craving more calories. See!
5. Cut your food up into smaller pieces. A study at Arizona State found we tend to eat less when we cut our food up into tiny pieces. Even if you eat the whole meal, you’re less likely to snack later on.
Try these out and let me know if they work for you!