You might want to thing twice before you sprinkle cinnamon on your oatmeal.
Buzzfeed says there are minimal levels of really disgusting things that the FDA allows to be in some the foods we eat every day.
1. Mites in frozen broccoli. There can be up to 60 mites per 100 grams of broccoli without breaking any laws. How much is that? 100 grams is about three-and-a-half ounces.
2. Maggots in your maraschino cherries. 5% is the cutoff amount, so that means that you could still get a jar of cherries that is 4% maggots. Any percent is too much!
3. Rodent hairs in cinnamon. Every fifty grams can have up to 11 hairs in it and that’s perfectly acceptable to the FDA.
4. Sand in your raisins You can have up to 40 milligrams of sand per 100 grams of raisins.
5. “Mammalian excreta” in your ginger! aka rat poop. Every pound of ginger is allowed to have up to three milligrams of rat poop mixed in.
Sorry if we just ruined your next meal.