SWNS Digital has shared a game to see if you can notice the signs.
Here are the things you should have noticed…
- Light left on throughout the night – lights on at strange times make it obvious no one is home
- Door is unlocked – Garage, shed and conservatory doors should be locked regardless of where you live.
- Valuable items seen through the window – valuable items on display can entice intruders
- Trash – Boxes for expensive items, such as tech, in recycling areas can give a lot away
- A key under a doormat – It’s an easy find like setting a password as 1234.
- Having an alarm system in line of sight – This means burglars can see if it’s activated.
- Curtains left half open – Letting people see into your home and who’s there or not?
- Post piled up in the letterbox – This could signal an unoccupied property.
- Ladder in the garden – building materials such as ladders can easily be used to smash or reach windows.
- Window open – No matter how high, they are often easy to jimmy open if left unlocked or ajar.
- No car in driveway – It’s evident somebody hasn’t come home if a thief is watching the property, or similarly if a car hasn’t been moved for some time.
Source: SWNS Digital